The purpose of this technical bulletin is to provide users with instructions how to update the user’s connection information from their computer. When a company gets a new server, or migrates to a new server the connection to the server and database needs to be updated on a user’s machine. Users can either manually enter the new connection or load a new .TDB file.
This document covers how to manually update the database and connection information to a client-side computer.
This technical bulletin contains the following section:
- Manually updating new Connection Information
- Manually updating the new Database Information
Use the following instructions to apply the new connection information to a user’s machine:
Note: Before the Client-side computers can be updated the new connection information needs to be applied to the Database Connection settings located in the Tour de Force Administration Console.
- When the connection dialog error displays, click the Show Details button.
- Click the Edit Database Information button.
- In the Database Server field, type in the new name or IP Address of the new server.
- In the Database field, type in the name of the new database.
Note: The Use Integrated Security field would only pertain to those who use Windows Authentication with SQL.
- Click the Apply button.
- Click the Retry the Current Operation button. Tour de Force should now connect to the new server and database.
Version: 6 Technical Bulletin 6201
©2013 Tour de Force CRM