Starting with the 2020 R1 release of our Business Intelligence tool (formerly MITS), the method for adding and managing users has changed slightly. If you are using version 2019 R2 or older, this change will not impact you.
Below are the new steps you'll use for adding and managing user accounts beginning with the web hosted 2020 R1 version of our BI tool
- Log in to MITS Discover as Admin or with an account that has administration rights.
- Click on the Admin tab at the top.
- Click on the Manage Users link.
- Click on the Manage Platform Users link. This will open the identity server in a new tab.
- Click the Add User button to create a new user. This adds a new user to the system. New users will not have permission to login yet. See step 7.
Selecting Admin for a user will grant access to all parts of the software, including adding additional users.
Selecting User for a user will allow you to further refine their permission to access information in the software.
- Or click the Pencil icon to edit an existing user. This is where you can change users values like name or password.
- Click on the User Permissions on the left.
- Select Non Configured Users from the dropdown labeled Users.
- If the user already has an account click the double arrow icon next to the user's name to sync that account with the Identity Server.
If the user does not already have an account, click the plus icon to add them to the list of users on the Identity Server.
The user will now be in the list of Full Users, where you can select them and assign permissions as normal.