The User-Defined Field Control Types
Administrative users of Tour de Force can edit Tour de Force forms to fit the company’s needs. The Control Type field is the field that is used to define what kind of UDF is used when creating UDFs in the Screen Designer.
Not all control types listed in the Control Type drop-down list are available for use on all screens in Tour de Force. Control Types, such as TextBox with Action, are default system fields that cannot be used.
These thirty-four control types are available for use in the Control Type field:
Note: These options are in the order in which they appear in the Control Type drop-down list. The following UDF control types can be used on all screens in Tour de Force.
- AccountUDF - This control is used to display an Account record UDF on any child record or item. For example, the Event Source field could be added to a Contact record that displays the Event Source field value on the Contact form.
- DateTime – This control is used to display a date and a time based on the local settings on the user’s computer.
- Date – This control is used to display a date field. The default date type can be selected in the Format field.
- NoteList – this control is used to keep a running list of notes that can be added to by any Tour de Force user if those users have permission to edit that tab or the record.
- TDFUserSelector – This control displays a list of the all the registered users located in the users table.
- UDFFormula – This control is used to create a formula that needs to be applied to the field when data is entered. Admins can select which fields to use for the calculation in the UDF Formula dialog box located. This dialog can be accessed by clicking the UDF Formula button located in the Control Details section of the Screen Designer.
- TextBox – this control is generally used to allow users to enter editable text and can be set to Read Only by checking the Read Only field in the Screen Designer.
- ComboBox – this control combines the features of a text box and a drop-down list. This control allows users to select an item either by typing into the combo box, or by selecting it from the list. Users can also enter a value that isn’t in the list, however, that value is not added to the list.
- DropDownList - this control allows users to choose one option from a drop-down list.
- ListBox – this control displays a list of items from which the user can select one or more.
- ListBoxWithEdit – this control displays an empty list box that users can add in custom values by clicking the green plus button next to the list box.
- CheckBox – this control is used to indicate a selection that is made by the user.
- MemoBox – this control is used to allow users to enter notes.
- TextBox With Spinner – this control is used to set a number by using the open or down arrows. The number can also be manually typed into the text box.
- Label - this control is most commonly used to add a descriptive label to text boxes, list boxes, and other UDFs. Labels can also be used to add descriptive text to a form, for example, to provide the user with information on what needs to be filled out in that form.
- HyperLink – this control allows users to enter a target network folder and to create a hyperlink to that folder with a custom Caption for the hyperlink.
- HyperLink Edit - This control is used for users browse out to location to display an image, a file, or a web site link. This could be used to link an image to a record or item.
- CheckList – this control allows users to make a check list on an item or record. The items in the check list are entered in by the user.
- ContactSelector – this control allows users to add an existing Contact record in Tour de Force to the item or record. This control is typically used to link a caterer or event planner to an Event.
- CalcEdit – this control adds a field that displays a calculator when selected.
- StopWatch – this control allows users to keep track of time on a item or record. This is typically used to keep track of time allotted on a Support record or any customer relation item.
- LookUpEdit – this control allows users to add a drop-down list and can manually type in the value into the field. While typing in a value, the search results automatically display the value, similar to the auto-complete function of the Global Search.