The Template Administration utility gives Administrative users of Tour de Force the ability to add new templates, edit existing templates, update older templates, and delete existing templates.
Template Administration Utility Overview
Tour de Force grants users the ability to create templates with account, contact, opportunity, and quote information using Word templates with bookmarks, to provide users a starting point for documents and other business materials. The Template Administration utility allows Administrative users of Tour de Force to add, edit, and delete templates.
The Template Administration form is divided into four sections:
- Template Administration Controls
- Template Types
- Account Roots and Folders
- Available Templates
Template Administration Controls
Administrators of Tour de Force have the ability to add, edit, and delete templates using the Template Administration Controls.
The controls available are:
- Add Template – This button is used to add new templates to Tour de Force.
- Update Template – This button is used to update existing templates with a newer version, without having to delete the template.
- Edit Template – This button is used to edit a selected template.
- Delete Template – This button is used to delete a selected template.
- Grouping Bar – This field is used to drag and drop columns in the Template Grid to organize the Template Grid by Template Name, Display Name, or Template Type.
- Template Grid – This section contains all of the templates that have been added in Tour de Force. Administrators can group columns by Template Name, Display Name, or Template Type. Clicking the Open Folder icon opens the template.
The Template Types field allows administrators to view templates by a specific type. Selecting a template type changes the type of templates displayed in the Available Templates field.
The Template Types are:
- Account templates
- Contact templates
- Opportunity templates
- Quote templates
- Contract templates
- Event templates
- Support templates
The type of template determines what information can be mapped to the bookmarks in Word.
- Account-based templates allow account information to be mapped to bookmarks in Word templates.
- Contact-based templates allow account and contact information to be mapped to bookmarks in Word templates.
- Opportunity-based templates allow account and opportunity information to be mapped to bookmarks Word templates.
- Quote-based templates allow account, contact, opportunity, and quote information to be mapped to bookmarks in Word templates.
The Account Root field allows administrators to select templates by Account Root. If a template is available under the Account selected the templates become checked in the Available Templates field.
The Available Templates field displays all of the templates located in the shared directory folder for templates. The templates that display in this field can be filtered by either the Template Type field or by Account Root.
Create a Word Template with Bookmarks
Use the following procedures to add bookmarks to a Word document to create a template:
- Open Microsoft Word.
- Click File | Save As… and then save the document with the Save as type of Document Template (*.dot).
Note: By default Word saves Document Templates in the Templates folder in your Windows user’s profile Templates folder. The Template should be saved to the company shared folder designated for Templates files.
3. To make Bookmarks visible in Word, click File| Options | Advanced and then click the Bookmarks checkbox.
4. On your Document, put your cursor where you want the bookmark to be inserted. Click Insert | Bookmark | Form will populate, type in your bookmark and then click add:
5. Once the bookmark is in place you will see the Bookmark distinguisher below:
Note: Bookmark names can not contain any spaces.
6. Continue adding bookmarks as needed.
7. Save and close the template.
Note: Templates should be saved to the company shared folder designated for Templates.
Adding Templates to Tour de Force
Use the following procedures to add new template to the Admin Utilities drop down:
- Choose Template Setup folder, click the Template Administration item and then click the + Button. Browse to where you saved the document, highlight what you want to import in and click open
- Click the Template Type field and select the record type the template is going to be associated with.
- Continue adding as many templates as needed.
Editing Templates in the Template Administration Utility
Use the following procedures to edit a template in the Template Administration utility:
- Open the Template Administration utility.
- In the Account Root section, click the Account Root that contains the template that needs to be edited.
Note: Checking the Account Root automatically places a checkmark next to all of the templates that are linked to that Account Root.
3.In the Available Templates section give focus to the template that needs to be edited.
4. Click the Edit Template button.
All the Bookmarks and the fields the Bookmarks are linked to, are displayed in the Bookmark/Field Mappings section.
For example, the AccountCity Bookmark is linked to the Address field on the Tour de Force Account form.
5. Click the Field column next to the Bookmark that requires a field change.
For example, to change the AccountCity field, click the Field column and choose the new Tour de Force field.
The Account Roots section displays all the Account Roots the template is currently linked to.
5. Click the Account Root that the template needs to be linked to or removed from.
For example, click the Boston Branch Account Root to unlink the template from the Boston Branch.
6. After all the necessary changes have been made, click the Save button to save the changes made to the template.
7. Click the Back button to return to the Template Administration utility.
Updating Templates in the Template Administration Utility
The Template Administration utility grants Administrative users of Tour de Force the ability to update existing templates with a more recent version of the same template. Updating templates is quicker and more efficient way to update a template without having to delete a template anytime a change is made.
Use the following procedures to update a template in the Template Administration utility:
1. Open the Template Administration utility.
2. In the Account Root section, click the Account Root that contains the template that needs to be edited.
Note: Checking the Account Root automatically places a checkmark next to all the templates that are linked to that Account Root.
3. In the Available Templates section give focus to the template that needs to be updated.
4. Click the Update Template button.
5. Click the back arrow
6. Click the Update Template button
7. Find your document, highlight and click open
Deleting Templates in the Template Administration Utility
Use the following procedures to delete a template from Tour de Force:
1. Open the Template Administration utility.
2. In the Templates grid, select the template that needs to be deleted.
3. Click the Delete button.
4. Click the Yes button in the Warning dialog window to confirm the deletion.
Article is closed for comments.