Evolved Office Integration:
The Evolved Office Interface is a proposal generation tool that allows Compass Sherpa users the ability to automatically import equipment images, customized product information, industry-specific content, and professional graphics from the Evolved Office Interface, directly into a personalized proposal that is tied directly into each Sherpa account.
The Evolved Office feature is only available to SQL users.
Once you have Configured and priced out an opportunity in the Financials area of Compass Sherpa, you will go to Reports and Choose Evolved Office Submit Proposal option. You will then be redirected to the Evolved Office website to begin choosing images and content for your proposal.
Creating Your Proposal:
Once at the Evolved Office Webpage, you will choose from any proposal template options your company has set for you to use in the New tab and click the Next button. You can also view the unpopulated proposal template by clicking the View button, or delete the template by clicking the Delete button.
- Enter what you would like to name the proposal
- Enter either you Prospect's Company Name, or you can also upload their logo by choosing the Upload logo radial button and browsing to an image file of their logo. Note: The recommended width for the image is 350px; if it is more or less than this the logo may not fix properly on the page. To browse to the logo, click the message and your Windows folder will come up for you to browse to the saved file.
- Choose the type of sale you are proposing: CPC (total blended cpc of lease, equipment maintenance, and MPS printer maintenance), Cash Sale (total sales price with separate maintenance agreement), Lease w/Additional Agreement (One payment to include equipment lease and maintenance agreement separate), Bundled Lease w/ Maintenance Agreement (One payment to include the equipment lease payment and maintenance combined).
- Add the images and equipment highlights to your proposal. If Evolved Office detects a match in its image library of the machine you chose in the Product Configurator in Sherpa, it will automatically choose it here. You can view what the content will look like by clicking the View button next to the machine model name. If you click on View you will also have the option in there to add additional products.
Or, to not add an image, check the Don't add products check box at the bottom (pricing and company bookmarks will populate, but equipment information will not).
If the Sherpa equipment was not found in the Evolved Office image library (this could be for discontinued equipment, or the Sherpa name doesn't match the Evolved Office name), you will have the option to browse the library for the equipment.
Choose the equipment from the dropdown menus and click Load product to view and save the image.
- Click the Next button to move to the next step where you will be brought to the Proposal Editor.
Viewing and Editing Your Proposal:
Once in the Proposal Editor, you will see an image of what your proposal will look like.
Scroll through each page by using the scroll bar on the right side of the screen, and go to each page by clicking on the page on the left side of the screen. You can choose to Include or exclude specific pages by using the Include check box on the left on each page, uncheck to exclude the page (you cannot exclude the first page, or the page with the equipment images).
To edit any content, simply type directly into the editor. Any edits will be saved for this proposal only, not in the core template. The Revert to Original button will remove any bookmarks that were brought in from Sherpa (Company info, pricing, etc.) and give you an unpopulated proposal to work with.
To save your proposal, click the Save button; you will be able to view the proposal in the History tab on the main Evolved Office page, or retrieve it in the Sherpa Financials tab in Compass. To export the proposal to a pdf document click Download to PDF, or the exit out of the Evolved Office interface, click on Exit. If you exit at any time after naming the proposal in the first step, you can retrieve the proposal in the Drafts tab on the main Evolved Office page. Retrieving Drafts and Saved Proposals:
Anytime you exit out of the Evolved Office interface, a draft is automatically saved in the Drafts Tab on the main Evolved Office page. Or, if you chose Save in the Proposal Editor, it will be in the History tab.
You can choose to View, Edit or Delete any drafts from these areas. View will give you a screen shot only of the proposal, Edit will bring you back to the Editor.
You can also retrieve saved proposals from directly within the Financials tab of Compass Sherpa by going to Reports and choosing Evolved Office Document Download.
Creating New Templates:
To create new templates to be populated, click from the main Evolved Office page and you will be brought to a Template Wizard. Please read the instructions and note that any field that is preceded by the @ symbol where bookmarks are placed and should not be deleted. If you delete them, the variable data from Compass will not be populated. Click on Start Wizard and you will be brought to the Editor where you can make any changes to text and images.
Simply type over the text to make changes or paste in images just as is it were a Word Document. Scroll on the page using the scroll bar on the right, and move from pare to page by highlighting the page on the left.
To preview the template, click the Preview button. To save a draft, click the Save button, or if you are done editing and would like to add the template to your template choices, click Finish. To Exit without saving, click the Exit button.
Last Updated 8/6/2020