Order Processing Module
Order Processing Overview:
The purpose of the Order Processing Module is that the Sales Rep can electronically submit a completed closed sales order, and then watch its progress through the Order Processing process. The Order Processors can move the order through the stages, add notes, and reject orders. To get to the orders and stages, click on the Order Processing menu on the top toolbar in the main screen. The Order Processing feature is available to SQL users only. (Please note: this is a fee based module)
Auto Generated Stages:
Any of the 20 stages available can be renamed and ordered however you choose, however there are 2 stages that Compass uses that cannot be changed. The 1st stage, Pending Close, is a list of forecasted opportunities. This stage is view only and orders cannot be moved from or to this stage. It is for reference purposes only, so you can see what is forecasted and could potentially turn into an order. The 3rd stage, Orders Queue, is where orders are initially put in when they are submitted. You will move orders to and from this stage, but the stage itself cannot be moved to a different spot in the order and orders will always start here.
Viewing the Initial Order:
Once the Rep has submitted the order through the Financials tab, an email will be generated and sent to the user’s manager and the whoever is responsible for approving the initial order and starting its progress through the order processing stages (the email will only be generated if the Send Submission Email check box was checked in the Submit tab). The initial order goes into the 3rd section which is the Orders Queue stage where that person can retrieve it, view it and move it to the next stage if it is approved. Also, (In this stage only) you can right click on the order and choose the Reassign Order option to reassign it to another user. To delete an order right click on the order (in any stage), and choose the Delete Order option.
To view the order processing paperwork and details, double click on the order in the list. A form will pop up where you can now double click on the order under the Submitted Doc Links section to view the Excel spreadsheet order, or click on the Financial Details button to see the financial details, equipment list and costs, install and connect fees, service rates, and areas in the pricing that the rep has edited. You can also click the Go to Account button to be taken directly to that account and view the details of the order there.
These functions are available to the person who submitted the order, their order processor, their manager and any administrator.
Creating Movement Forms:
The Movement Forms feature is used to create a custom form for closed orders that require multiple machines (possibly with multiple configurations) to be populated into a Microsoft Excel workbook on multiple sheets within the workbook (one for each device).
Creating the Form: The equipment movement forms can be accessed using the Movement Form(s) button in the Financials Tab.
When you click on this button you will be brought to a separate screen where you can start to create the forms and fill out the delivery information.
The items in green are the main models, the items in grey under each main model are the items that Sherpa assumes go with the main model.
Options Button: In the Options area in the top left of the screen, you can choose to:
- Update Equipment: If you update any equipment information in Product Configurator and Product Summery, this will update the forms.
- Delete Equipment: You can remove all models and accessories by clicking the Delete option. This WILL NOT be removed from the equipment configuration in the Product Summary, only in the form.
- Collapse All: This will cause all the equipment to collapse into the main screen and then you can click the plus button to expand the main models, and then the accessories under each main model.
- Expand All: If you collapsed the models, this will expand all the main models and their accessories in the screen.
Entering Delivery Information: Each main model on the left has its own delivery form to fill out.
- Highlight to choose the main model on the left
- Enter the delivery location information on the right - It will default to the location information in the account you are on in Sherpa, however you can free type in any of the fields. You can choose to use anything that is listed as a "Parent" or "Child" account attached to that account by using
- the dropdown in Location Option:
- You can apply the Ship to, to all models
- You can make the Bill To location at the bottom the same as the Ship To location by clicking the Same as Ship To button or choose to apply the information to ALL Models listed for the proposal.
Set Model Options: Each main model on the left, has its own delivery form to fill out on the right. Click on any main model on the left and click Set Model Options.
- Enter the delivery information
- Enter contact information – contacts that are listed in the Accounts tab can be picked from the dropdown list
- Enter any applicable lease return information
- Equipment Pickup Info – To add a piece of Equipment, click on the Add equipment button
- You will be asked if you would like to add piece of equipment from the TCO; click YES or NO
- Enter the equipment pickup information, or choose a machine from the TCO list
- Use the Previous and Next buttons to scroll though the new equipment and enter in the information from steps 1-
- Use the “Apply settings to all equipment” button to copy areas 1-4 to all equipment on the delivery form
Create Forms: To populate the delivery form, click the Create Forms button and either choose the form from Document Storage (if applicable) or browse to the template file.
Your Equipment Delivery Form will open in your task bar at the bottom of your screen, and you will see a tab for each piece of equipment.
Submit to E-Auto
In the Movement Forms area there is a Submit button which allows EAutomate users to submit their orders directly into the ERP. In your ERP there is a holding account created which is where the data is sent. The ERP administrator or Order Processor can then review the order, verify everything is correct and then transfer the information to the correct account saving the time of manually adding the details of the order into the ERP.
Note that for this to work properly the product numbers for the main models and accessories in Compass must match the product numbers for the equipment and accessories in your ERP.
See the Submit to ERP section of the Administrator Manual for more instructions.
Order Document Links:
To add additional paperwork as a document link, click on the Add Links button, browse to the document you want to add the link for, and click on open. You will be given the option to add notes for to reference for the document, and click OK to add the link. Or, to delete a document link, highlight the link in the list and click the Delete button. You will be asked to confirm that you want to remove it. Select Yes and the document link will be removed.
Editing and Saving Document
For SQL customers only, that have document storage turned on this will make saving and editing documents quicker and easier. If you open a Word or Excel document from the Documents Link you can now make edits needed on the document and choose to save your edited document directly back to Document Storage. No saving the edited document locally and having to re-upload to Document Storage.
- Open the Document make needed changes
- Select the Save button then a message will appear
- Choose Yes to overwrite the existing document
- Choose No to create a new Document Link in Sherpa
- Choose Cancel to skip saving in Sherpa.
- Choose the Refresh Documents option to view the new Document Link or to refresh the existing document with the overwritten changes.
Adding Notes and Moving the Order:
Once you view the order and approve it, you can now move it to the next stage. Click the Add Activity and Change Stage button and a form will pop up to fill out.
- Choose the stage you want to move the order to from the dropdown list.
- Enter an estimated completion date of the new stage.
- Choose the person you want to assign it to.
- Enter any notes, and check the Complete Open Activities check box if you would like to complete all open activities in the list.
The order will be moved under the stage you chose to move it to, where the next person who is designated to that stage can approve it and move it to the next stage after that. Orders can skip stages and can also be moved backwards in stages.
Completing Activities and Moving the Order:
Once the order has been moved from Orders Queue and moved to the next stage, the person responsible for that stage can complete their activity and move it to the next stage.
- Highlight the activity under History / Activities.
- Click on the Complete Activity button.
- Click the Add Activity and Change Stage button and follow the instructions above to Add Notes and Move the Order.
- To delete an activity, highlight the activity in the list and click the Delete button.
- To save any changes lick the Save/Update button.
- If an order is incorrect or for whatever reason needs to be re-submitted, click the Resubmit button. The order will be removed from the order processing pipeline, and an email will be sent to the manager and the rep to resubmit the order.
- The Submit to ERP will submit the order to either the EAutomate Quote area or the OMD Staging area (See Submit to ERP section in the Admin Manual).
To edit an activity, highlight the activity in the activity list and you can edit the Notes, Sales Rep, Manager and Estimated Completion Date at the top part of the screen.
Searching and Filtering:
You can search and filter through orders on the top of the main Order Processing screen.
- Choose how you want to filter the orders using the dropdown to choose from Region by Account, Region by Rep, or Sales Rep.
- Choose the Sales Rep name or Region name from the Sales Rep or Region dropdown (this will change from Sales Rep / Region based on the option you choose).
- Click on the Filter Button to show only the orders that match the criteria you entered.
- Click the Reset button to clear the filter and view all orders again.
- You can also search for orders by Order Number by putting any part of the order number in the Order # Search field and clicking the Search button.
How the filters work:
- Region by Rep: This will filter the list based on the regions that are assigned to a rep.
- Example: If you choose a specific Region name from the dropdown, it will look for all users that are assigned to that region, and display all the Orders that are assigned to those reps.
- Region by Account: This will filter the list based on the region that is assigned to the account.
- Example: If you choose a specific Region name, it will only show orders for accounts that are assigned to that region.
- Sales Rep: This will filter base on the Sales Rep that is assigned to the order.
- Example: If you choose a user name from the dropdown it will only show orders assigned to that user.
Last Updated 8/3/2020