To get to the Control Panel, go to “Administration” on the Main Menu Bar and Control Panel.
If you would like your users to be able to change their password, check the box that is labeled “Users can change their password”. This will allow them the ability to change their password on the login screen.
If you would like your users to be able to reuse the same password, check the box that is labeled “Allow Users to Reuse Old Passwords”.
The Force all Users to Change Login Password will force all users to change their password the next time they log in.
Dealership Name: Enter your Company's Name - this field can be bookmarked into your templates.
Edit Various Lists:
Edit Various Lists allows you to edit your dropdown lists, Vertical Marketing check boxes and Sales Stage names. For example, you can change Job Titles, Activity Categories, Equipment Types and SIC Codes in this area.
Simply click on the list you wish to add, edit or delete items from, and use the Add, Edit and Delete buttons.
- Job Titles – This is for the Title field when adding in a contact in the Contacts tab in the Accounts area. Users can also type custom items in the Title field if the one they need is not listed.
- Buyers Mode – Used for the Buyers Mode field when adding in a new account in the Accounts area.
- Activity Categories – This is the dropdown list in the Activity tab in the Accounts area that the user must pick from when completing and scheduling activities. You can also assign point values to the activities in this area. The 6 activities listed at the top are required, system generated activities. For example, when a user sends or saves an email through Compass, an activity will automatically be generated and completed for an "Email." You may change the name of them for your viewing purposes but know that they will always pull from the activity type listed to the left. The bottom of the screen is where you can add/remove your own activity types and associated point values.
- Objectives – Used in the Executive Summary report, these are common customer goals and objectives that the user would want to have added to their proposal. Users can also type custom items in the Executive Summary if they are not listed.
- Challenges – Also used in the Executive Summary report, these are common customer challenges that the user would want to have added to their proposal. Users can also type custom items in the Executive Summary if they are not listed.
- Close Percentage – Used when forecasting, this is how confident a rep is that the account will close in the current month. You can also add descriptions for each % to standardize your forecasting.
- Account Classification – These are the Account Classification check boxes on the main Accounts page. You may add as many items as you wish to this list. Items from this list are filterable and reportable. You do not want to remove the Current Client check box as this is how the system determines what is a current client in many of the reporting areas. Also, do not delete the Delete or Merge Company check box, as this is how the rep will notify the Administrator that they want an account removed or merged within the database.
- TCO Default Fill Ratio - This will change the customer default page fill % in the TCO from 10 / 25 to whatever you enter here.
- Lease End Days - If you are using the Lease Tracker module, this is where you will set the rules for when a reminder is scheduled based on the length of the lease. For example, if you type in 100 next to 0-12, any lease whose length is 0-12 months will have a reminder set to contact the customer 100 days prior to the lease expiring.
- Contact Rank – This field is used when adding a new contact in the Contacts tab in the accounts area. This is the position of the contact in the company (i.e.: technical buyer, coach, economic buyer, user, etc.).
- Number of Employees – The employee size of the prospective company.
- Configurator Volume – The volume increments that appear in the Mono & Color Volume drop down lists in the Product Configurator when configuring a piece of equipment. This dropdown is for convenience purposes only, and not where you are setting minimum volumes for specific devices. Reps can free-type a specific volume not in the list if needed.
- Equipment Types – This is the dropdown list in the TCO tab to define the type of equipment being entered. This also controls Equipment Type in the MPS Price Book.
- Sales Stages – The names of the various stages of a rep’s pipeline. The 3 required stages are listed at the top (Forecast, Closed, Remove from Funnel). You do not want to change these descriptions much though because when a user forecasts or closes an opportunity or takes it out of the pipeline, it will auto populate into these stages. You may add as many additional Stage Names as desired by using the green plus button below. You must select the order in which you want the various stages to be displayed in the Sales Stages area by choosing the number for each Stage Order.
- SIC Codes – Standard Industry Code used to identify which type of industry the account belongs to. You can enter a description only, the actual code # is not required, however a number is (any number except 0).
- Manufacturers – A list of Manufacturers to choose from in the MPS Price Book.
- Equipment Vendors – A list of local competitors to choose from in the TCO tab.
- Activity Quick Note – This list is available as a shortcut when creating a new activity in the Activity tab, so the user can select from a pre-defined note rather than typing in one of their own (i.e. Left Voicemail).
- Opportunity Status – These are the labels used to identify the status of an opportunity listed in the Opportunities tab in Accounts. The 3 required statuses are listed at the top (Closed, Lost, Forecasted), the exact names of which may be edited but you wouldn’t want to deviate from the function type. You may add as many additional status types as desired (such as Working, Stalled Deal, No Buy) by using the green plus button below. There is also the option to tie any Opportunity Status type to a System Generated Activity of your choosing by placing a checkbox in the System Activity area and selecting from the available list of Activity Types.
FMAudit API URL Button: If you are using FM Audit Central, you will need to add the URL in the in this area.
Click on the FMAUDIT API URL button and enter your FM Audit URL. Then you must add /webservices/PublicAPI.asmx to the end.
If you have recently update to the latest version of FM Audit you’ll now notice there’s a new column for API Version. The column will allow you to update to version 4.3+, the newest API version.
App Settings Button: You can change the amount of decimal places anywhere from 8 to 3 in both Compass and when populating proposals and paperwork.
Click the App Settings button and pick Decimal Place Precision from the dropdown. Then choose how many decimal places you want to show in both Compass (Program) and on your proposal and sales templates (Bookmarks). Click on Save Changes to save your changes.
The DLL Download Network location is used by Support and is a replacement of DLL (dynamic link library) files. They get downloaded from updates.sherpasynce.net. If you put a network location in spot, and place the newest DLL’s in there, you can download them from a local network (faster) instead of internet.
These are global settings that will apply to all non-administrator users.
Allow Users to Update Program: This feature will allow users to run any version updates that are available by going to the Help menu and selecting the Check for Updates option.
Display Program Update at Startup: checking this box will notify users via a flashing green button in the top tool bar that an update is available. If this box is not checked, the user can still click the Help button in the toolbar at the top, click on Check for Updates and see if any are available.
Reps Can Sell Discontinued Items: Checking this box will allow users to see machines in Product Configurator that have been tagged as discontinued. The discontinued machines will be in a red font and the user will also be notified if that model is selected that it is discontinued.
Allow Deletions of Activities/Emails: Checking this box will allow users to delete both pending and completed activities and emails in the Contact Activity and Email tabs in the Accounts area.
Allow Deletion of Proposals: Checking this box will allow users to delete Proposals from the Proposals tab.
Allow Deletion of Forecasts: Checking this box will allow users to delete Forecasts and opportunities from the Opportunities tab in the Accounts area.
OEM Pricing is Available: Checking this box will allow users to price out both OEM and Compatible Service Contracts in the Printer Pricer Tab. If you do not have OEM pricing set up in the MPS price book you will want this un-checked.
Use One List for Equipment: Checking this box will signify that your company is using one list of Equipment that all users will have access to no matter which region they are assigned to. If you are using multiple equipment pricing lists (possibly per Region or by Manufacture) uncheck this box. However, if you have equipment listed in multiple regions, and this box is checked, it will result in each user to see the same piece of equipment listed multiple times (for as many regions as it is assigned to).
Use One List for Service: Checking this box will signify that your company is using one list of Service Rates that all users will have access to no matter which region they are assigned to. If you are using multiple lists (possibly per Region or by Manufacture) uncheck this box.
Use One List for Lease Rates: Checking this box will signify that your company is using one list of Lease Rates that all users will have access to no matter which region they are assigned to. If you are using multiple leasing Rate lists (possibly per Region or by Manufacture) uncheck this box.
Use One List for Printers: This box always needs to be check-marked. This is for a future enhancement coming in which checking this box will signify that your company is using one list of Printers that all users will have access to and allow separate pricing by region when unchecked.
Force Follow-up Activity - if this box is checked, a user will not be able to complete an activity without scheduling a follow up activity in the Activities tab in the Accounts area. If this box is not checked, they will have the option of simply completing an activity or completing an activity with a follow up. If Force Follow-up is turned on, step 3 in the activities area will say "required" when completing an activity. If it is turned off, it will say "optional".
Turn on New Printer Pricer: If you are an existing Compass customer and being converted from the previous version of Printer Pricer to the new MPS Price Book version, this will turn on the new Printer Pricer and start using Price Book pricing on new MPS opportunities. You will want this unchecked until you have your MPS pricing loaded correctly into Price Book.
Lock Down Completed Activities: If checked, users will not be able to edit completed activities in the Activities tab. This option is also per individual user in the Manage Users area; if checked in the Global Settings area, this will override the choice in the Manage Users area.
Deny Back Dating Activities: If checked, users will not be able to back date activities when completing them in the Accounts tab.
% of Forecasted Revenue Graph: Enter in the closing forecast percentage that you would like to populate the graphs on the main log in screen. For Example: Entering 70% means that only a user's forecast with a 70% or higher closing ratio will populate the graphs.
Days Prior to Lease Expiration: Enter in the number of days (prior to lease expiration) that you would like Compass to schedule a pending Lease Expiration Activity. For Example: Entering 180 days into this field means that each time a Lease Expiration Date is entered in the TCO tab a pending Lease Expiration Activity will be scheduled for the user 180 days prior. This is only for equipment listed in TCO and separate from the Lease Tracker reminders.
Days to Keep Company Name Dropdown: Enter in the number of days that you would like the names of previous accessed accounts to remain in the Account Name dropdown for easy access in the CRM area.
TCO Labor & Parts Margin %: This number reflects the increase percentage used for calculating the Parts & Labor number, per machine in the TCO tab. Compass takes your Dealer Parts & Labor Numbers (from Printer Service Labor/Parts Table) and multiplies it times this number to calculate the Parts & Labor field in the TCO tab.
Manager Override Password: This is the password for editing service pricing in the Product Configurator tab using the Edit Service Rate button. (default is “password”) This password will also be used in the Financials Tab when utilizing Movement Forms and your pricing isn’t matching. You would need to use that password to get the Submit button to no longer be greyed out.
Template Password: If you have protected your Word or Excel templates with a password, enter the password here so the templates will populate correctly. You must use the same password for all templates. Compass will populate the template for the user and then lock it back up before opening it.
Outlook Export Permission: Enter what minimum security level will have the ability to export contacts only into Outlook and from Outlook. Note: The Outlook Contact Export option is an add-on module.
Printer Pricer Override Password: The password used in the new version of Printer Pricer to change the Reps out cost CPP for MPS using the CPP Override button. (default is “password”)
Hide Unauthorized Users: Check this box if you don’t want the unauthorized users to show up as a selection when running the Activity Reports and Sales Reports. This will also remove the User within the Add Accounts section as being a choice in the Rep’s drop down selection.
Remove 3.0 Options: If you are an upgraded customer from 3.0 to 4.0 this button will remove the 3.0 Reporting options and keep the
4.0 Sales Report option.
Activity Creation Default Rep: This is used for the Lease Tracker and UCC modules, as well as Navigator, when creating activities.
Normally, activities will go to the following user:
If there is a Primary Rep assigned to an account, it assigns the Activity to the Primary Rep. If there is a single territory rep assigned to an account, it assigns the Activity to that rep. If there are multiple territory reps (or a territory rep and a secondary rep), it assigns it to the default rep set here.
This is where you can enter your Company’s Regional Offices including their Name, Address and Phone Number. These Regions will be used for Reporting Purposes and with the Google Maps button in the Accounts Tab.
NOTE: If there are still accounts, users, models and lease rates assigned to the region it will not allow you to delete it, as this will leave these items with nothing assigned.
Transfer Account Regions: This button is used to transfer accounts between regions. It doesn’t transfer sales reps, just the CRM account itself, so if a sales rep outside of any region is named or assigned to an account (not simply a territory assignment), they will still have access to the account. Select from the drop down the type of accounts to be
transferred (City, Main Contact (last name), Name, Region, State, Zip). Some of the lists pre-populate and others are manual entry. Type what you wish to view (ex: City / Boise) and click the Search button. A list matching your Search will appear. You can select certain accounts to transfer or click Check All to select everything. Once the accounts to be transferred have been selected, choose your Region to transfer to at the bottom from the drop-down list. Select Transfer. A message will pop up saying the accounts have been transferred successfully. Once you hit OK the Region will refresh in the list to show the new one.
Database Maintenance Tab
This is a SQL only feature that allows Compass to release additional Modules out to you without having our techs remote your server and manually upgrade database. Typically, if you need to run Database Maintenance you will hear from us letting you know to do so.
Test Run: The Test Run is optional but will display all changes that need to be made to your database to bring it up to the latest Sherpa database version and enable all modules we have sent in the update.
Upgrade Now: Upgrade Now will make database schema changes by adding Tables and fields to your Sherpa database we deem necessary for enabled modules and features. When the Upgrade has finished it will turn on any modules, we have sent you, and display a list on the left of what is turned on. You will also see a green status bar running across the top to show the progress of the update.
This area allows customization of the general settings for the Home Screen Dashboards.
Home Tab URL – Enter any website of your choosing to be the displayed live web page for users to interact with on the Home Screen.
Displayed Tabs – Check/uncheck any of the 7 tabs you wish to be displayed/not be displayed on the Home Screen.
Default Tab – Select the tab you wish to be the default display tab upon logging in to Sherpa.
Allow Print/Export – Check/uncheck this box if you want to allow/deny users the ability to Print/Export the graph data on the Home Screen.
Save Settings – You must click this button (located in the top left corner of the screen) in order to save any changes made before exiting this area.
Group Sales Dashboards By: Check to view the Closed Sales or Forecasted Sales totals by your Team structure or Management Hierarchy in place.
Show Inactive Users: When checked will display unauthorized users on the dashboard view.
*Please note, any settings made in this area are applied.