Color Tiers Module
Color Tiers Overview
Sherpa has added the capabilities of adding multiple service rates to models in the form of color tiers. These extra service rates will be visible through the process of proposal generation and will calculate into the final cost of the machines. Limited bookmarks have also been made available for these service rates.
This new feature is turned on via our module system. Module Name: “Color Tiers”. A request will need to be made to support at firstname.lastname@example.org
An administration will need to go to the Administration>Item Pricing screen and create different tier names via Color Tiers button.
- Clicking on this button will allow the creation of new Color Tier names.
- After you have created names, you will then want to set up your Service Pricing to reflect the Tier Pricing.
- Go to Service Pricing Drop down and choose Add Service Pricing. Note: Use Service Pricing numbers that are not currently being used. Example as shown, ID 26, 27 and 28.
- Like normal Service pricing -- make sure your Names for the Service Rates match so that selector will work properly.
- You can have a Standard Service type for color and mono set up for this. For the "Color Tier" selection, it has the pricing zeroed out for standard color service rate.
- Then you have Color Tiers IDs 26, 27, and 28 and make sure to match the "name" of those services rates to the same name as "Color Tiers" from your mono rate.
- Now if you select "Standard" service, color tiers do not show up at all.
- If you select "Color Tiers" service, the regular color zeroes out and the color tiers do show up and get calculated.
- Now within Solution Configurator the user can choose 3 Tier Pricing or Standard Pricing.
Once you have set the above information for Color Tiers you will see that reflected in Solution Configurator.
On the Build Solution side, choose a model that has color tiers, as shown above. After selecting the model, you will see you have some additional options which includes a Step 4. You will see the Min Volume and the Volume. The Volume column is a free type area. You can make any necessary changes in this area. Final step is to choose Add to Cart, moving it to the Proposed Solution Side.
On the Proposed Solution side, you will see the sub table called “color tiers” where you will see the volume, base, and service rate that you previously selected. The volume is editable here. Then click to Transfer to Summary. Currently you will not see any changes within Solution Summary. Then go to the Financials tab and this is where you put the financial information together to finalize a solution.
Financials Tab Overview:
After you have updated the Color Tiers section, continue down the left column to add in Miscellaneous Charges and Lease Rate and Term if applicable. You can expand each column by selecting the expand option in the top right corner of each section. Then Calculate Financials at the bottom of the column to calculate your Financials.
Note: You can click on the Color Tiers Details to see the below
Mono Volume: the proposed black volume for the hardware as originally selected in the Solution Configurator.
Color Volume: the proposed color volume for the hardware as originally selected in the Solution Configurator.
Color Tiers Volume: the proposed color tier volume for the hardware as originally selected in the Solution Configurator.
Mono Service Rate: The blended mono service and supply rate for all the equipment combined.
Total Mono Payment: This is the product of the mono volume multiplied by the Service/Supply rate.
Mono Overage Rate: This is the blended mono overage rate charge for all the equipment combined.
Color Service Rate: The blended color service and supply rate for all the color equipment combined.
Total Color Payment: This is the product of the color volume multiplied by the Service/Supply rate.
Color Overage Rate: This is the blended color overage rate charge for all the color equipment combined.
Color Tier Service Rate: The blended color tier service and supply rates for all the color tier equipment combined.
Total Color Tier Payment: This is the product of the color tier volume multiplied by the Service/Supply rates. The Color Tiers payment includes the Mono Payment in Tier 1 and the Color Payment for Tiers 2 and 3.
Color Tier Overage Rate: This is the blended color tier overage rate charge for all the color equipment combined.
How the 3 Tier Service Rate is Calculated:
Tier 1: 500 pages at .03 = $15.00
Tier 2: 1000 pages at .06 = $60.00
Tier 3: 1000 pages at .08 = $80.00