Compass has created an integration with ConnectWise, an ERP system commonly used with IT or Network Service Companies. With this integration, Sherpa customers who are also using ConnectWise can easily import accounts in and view essential data in ConnectWise, from Sherpa.
ConnectWise Admin Set-Up
In the Administration Menu under the Control Panel, go to the Third-Party Tools tab under the ConnectWise tab. Here, you can set up your connection with ConnectWise to import the accounts.
- Site: Enter your ConnectWise site.
- Company: This is the company name you log into ConnectWise with.
- ConnectWise Endpoint Type: Choose the connection type you have with ConnectWise.
- Standard - This is the In-house version which is hosted internally by your company (most commonly used).
- Cloud Versions (api-na,eu,au) - If using the cloud version of ConnectWise, choose the version you are using.
- Version - If using one of the cloud versions, you will enter your version of ConnectWise.
- Address Manual Override - If using a cloud version, the address entered will auto populate based on the information entered in the Site and Company field, and the cloud choice under the Endpoint radial buttons. If for some reason you need to override this address, use the check box and type in the address you have been given by ConnectWise to override the default one (this would be very rare).
- Integrator UserName and Password: This is your ConnectWise username and password.
- Test API: Once you've entered in the necessary information, use the Test API button to make sure the connection has been established.
- Save: If the Test API comes back OK, Save the information entered.
Importing the Accounts
Use the Import button to add the accounts to your Sherpa Database. You will see all of the ConnectWise accounts that are not currently in the Sherpa Database, in the grid.
- Choose the accounts you want to import using the check boxes to the left of the company name
- You can also use the Check All button to select all companies in the grid, or Uncheck all to deselect them
- To search for a specific key word anywhere within the grid, use the search area and click the Find button to filter the list
- To import, choose the region from the dropdown, click the "Include Contacts" checkbox to include contact names as well, and click the Import button
If while importing the accounts a match is found with the same Company Name, you will be given the following warning that you may be creating a duplicate and will ask if you would like to add it anyway. Select Yes to link the accounts, or No, to create a new account in the database.
Viewing the Account Info
To view the account information, click the ConnectWise link in the Accounts Tab.
The first time you browse to a ConnectWise account, the user will be asked to enter your Integrator Username and Password.
(To clear these credentials, for to the Help Menu and choose the Clear Saved ConnectWise Credentials option)
- Pick the company name from the dropdown that you want to see the information for and you will see the basic customer information
- Use the blue arrows to the right of the other sections to expand the sections and see the detailed information for the Agreement, Equipment, and Service Tickets
Last Updated 8/3/2020