What the numbers reference:
- Adding or Deleting a model
- Look up models and accessories by product number and edit the pricing or create special pricing options, or update current pricing using your manufacturer’s pricing spreadsheet
- Export equipment pricing to Excel to make changes, and Import updated equipment pricing back into the system
- Link required accessories together or to main models and accessories to main models, enter a new accessory into the database, or delete selected accessories
- Add or delete a service pricing level, export the service pricing to Excel to make changes and import updated service pricing back into the system
- Add Equipment or Item Categories to assign to models
- View and print all equipment and pricing in the equipment pricing area
- Search for Model
- Edit the current model
- Edit the cost legend
- View and edit accessories for current model
- View all special pricing levels
- View and edit all service pricing levels
How to Enter in New Models and Pricing / Delete Existing Equipment
Under the Model dropdown on the top toolbar, choose the Add Model button to add in a new model. This will create a new equipment form with no information in any of the fields.
Note: If you are adding in a similar model to one that already exists in the system, you can also use an existing model as a guide by selecting the model under the Copy From Existing section
Adding a New Model:
- Enter Model Name and choose a Category (Color, Mono, or Other)
- Enter in Category Description, Make, SKU and Product Number if applicable
- Choose the Regions that you want to have access to configure the model. If all regions will have access to the same pricing on the piece of equipment, only choose one region and make sure the "Use One List" check boxes are checked in the Control Panel. Otherwise the machine will show for as many times as regions are listed, for each user
- Enter in Dealer Cost and any additional dealer cost levels (you can view cost levels in the Legends Tab)
- Enter in the standard Out Cost to the Reps
- Enter the MSRP and speed of the machine. If service is based off of the MSRP, not a click rate (severs, mailing machines) you would put the % in the “% of MSRP (yearly)” field to calculate a yearly service rate that could be used rather than a per click rate
- Enter the Description of the machine (Description will populate onto proposals and is a required field) and any Notes you would like the Rep to see when configuring the machine (Notes will only be seen by the Rep when configuring the machine and will not populate on any proposals)
- Choose the service pricing level from the dropdown for Mono and Color if applicable (you can view service levels in the Legends Tab)
- Enter any Connectivity or Install Fees
- Enter any Special Pricing Levels (if applicable) by clicking on the Special Pricing tab and entering in the appropriate costs
- Add any new accessories by entering in the description, Make, product #, SKU, Costs, Connectivity Fee, Out Cost, MSRP, Notes, and click Add button
Or, add any accessories that already exist for another machine by going to the Add Existing tab, choose a Region and Model, and select the accessories you want to add using the check boxes, and click the Add button.
- Add any Special Pricing for the Accessory by highlighting the accessory and clicking the Special Pricing button. Fill in the pricing fields and click Close.
- To save the new equipment click Submit and then the Close button.
The Grouping Feature allows you to group accessories together based on accessory type, most common, etc. In the Accessories tab you can type any description (number, name, letter, etc.) and these accessories can be grouped together when the user is configuring the equipment. Example: grouping by type of accessory – we’ve entered the type of accessory in the Grouping column:
Adding Used Equipment
Adding used equipment for Reps to sell would be entered the same as entering new equipment (above), however there are a few different ways to identify used vs. new equipment:
- If it is not a current model, check the machine as DISCONTINUED using the Discontinued check box - this will turn the machine red in the Product Configurator list, and let users know that this means they are used. You will also need to make sure you check the box in the Control Panel to say “Reps Can Sell Discontinued Items"; if not, they will not see these machines in the Product Configurator list at all.
- If it is a current model, you can add the machine twice, and identify one as "used" with the discounted price. You can then add the term "used" in the Category Description of the used equipment field (that way it is searchable in the Product Configurator), and add any information (amount in inventory, configuration, etc.) in the Notes field.
Deleting an Existing Model:
To delete existing Machines from the database choose Delete in the Model dropdown in the top toolbar. A form will come up showing all the equipment currently loaded. Use the check boxes on the left to select the machines you want to delete and click the Delete button. You can also filter by typing key words into the blank area under each column header, as well as sort by any column by clicking on the column header.
Editing/Updating Model & Accessory Pricing
Click on Feature #2 Edit Pricing button to open up the following screen:
The screen opens to default showing all makes/models on the top half of the screen, and all accessories on the bottom half of the screen.
You can search the main models by Region, Manufacturer, and Model #. After you select the model it will pull up the corresponding accessories.
You can also search by product number under Accessories and it will pull up all matching accessories.
To Change Pricing:
1. The very bottom of this screen shot shows all the pricing levels for Dealer and Rep Out cost. The Outcost pricing level here is called "Regular" in the pricing level dropdown in the Product Configurator, and MSRP is not a pricing level; it is only used to calculate the % of retail in the Financials tab. You will also see check boxes for Main Models and Accessories.
2. If you want to change the Major Account pricing for all models and accessories to 3% above your dealer cost, you would do the following:
a. Make sure the check box for “View All Models” and “View All Accessories” is checked.
b. Select Cost under Dealer Cost, select Major Account in the middle, put 3 in the Change Percentage field, under that make sure Main Model and Accessories are checked
c. Click on the “Edit Pricing” button on the right.
d. You have just updated all the Major Account pricing to be 3 percent above your dealer cost. You can check this by double clicking on any of the main models or accessories to view the Major Account pricing table for that item.
e. Choose Mark Up if you are doing a multiplier or leave unchecked if you want to calculate for margin using a division.
3. If you want to edit information for a specific model only, then select that from your model list, and then utilize the pricing levels, etc. on the bottom of the screen to edit.
4. If you want to edit information for a specific accessory only, then select that from your accessory list and then make sure that the “Models” check box is UNCHECKED on the bottom of the screen before you click on the “Edit Pricing” button after you selected which price level(s) you wish to change, etc.
5. You can eliminate a pricing level by setting the pricing level to $0 by selecting the pricing level and clicking on the “Set to 0” button. You also will need to rename the pricing level back to "Special Pricing" and the corresponding number (see To Change Pricing Names below).
Note: If you have set a special pricing level in this area, any time you change your Dealer Cost you will have to go back and set the mark up again to reflect the new %.
This is also a good place to manually change pricing for accessories. Because accessories can be attached to multiple main models, instead of going to each main model and changing pricing on the accessory one model at a time, you can pull the accessory up in this area by the Product # and it will show as many times as it is attached to a main model. You can then type in the fields to edit the pricing.
To Change Pricing Names:
To change the names of the special pricing levels, click on Edit Pricing Name at the bottom of the screen, type the name into the field and click Close and Save button. If you eliminate a Special Pricing level make sure to rename it to Special Pricing Level it is. For example (see screen shot below): If I eliminate End of Year pricing, I would replace it with the name Special 3. These fields cannot be left blank.
Equipment Pricing Export / Import Equipment
This feature (Feature #3) allows you to export your Item Pricing into a Microsoft Excel Document, make changes and then Import the changes back into Compass.
The Equip.xls file needs to be stored in the following folder if you used the default location when the program was installed.
For 32bit machines:
C:\Program Files\Compass Sales Solutions\Compass Sherpa
For 64bit machines:
C:\Program Files (x86) \Compass Sales Solutions\Compass Sherpa
- In Administration/Item Pricing click on the Export Equipment button.
- Choose the Region(s) if you have multiple regions, or, click All to choose all.
- Choose the Manufacture(s) you want to make changes on.
- Click the Export button.
- The export may take a while based on the amount of information that is being exported. It is recommended to export/import one manufacturer at a time to speed up the process.
- You will get a message in the upper right corner of the form that “x of x” are being exported; this is the number of main models that are being exported to Excel with its accessories.
- If you want to just add new equipment you can click the Blank Template button.
What You Can and Cannot Do:
- You CAN change Descriptions, Pricing, and any other field with the exception of columns A, B and C.
- You CAN add Equipment and Accessories, HOWEVER, do not fill in columns B or C as those will automatically be assigned by Compass Sherpa.
- You MUST have the Type column filled in for every model and accessory and the Region column filled out for any main model.
- You CANNOT reorder any of the columns in the template.
- The import tool will not delete any models or accessories; this must be done within Compass Sherpa using the Delete feature.
- New Accessories will be assigned to the Model they are directly beneath
- Please do not skip any rows in the template.
Once you have made the changes / additions to the Excel Document, save the file to the destination of your choice, and go back to Compass and select the Import Equipment option.
Click on the Select File button and browse to where you saved the file. This will import the equipment into the Equipment Overview section of the above screen. Then click on the Update button.
You will get the following message: Please make sure that your IT department backs up your database just in case a mistake was made in the template. To continue the import, type ‘Yes’ into the text field.
A counter will appear on the screen letting you know the import progress. When this is completed your equipment will be updated and/or inserted. (Note: Do not open any other excel files while this process is happening.)
Linking Required Items Together / Attaching Accessories
Note: Accessories must already be associated with a Model in order to assign them in this area. If you have an accessory that needs to be linked to 1 or more models, please make sure to first assign it in the Create Accessories area.
- Click on Feature #4, Accessories dropdown, and choose Assign Accessories, to link accessories to main models, accessories to accessories, or to attach existing accessories to an existing machine.
- Click on Models to link accessories to main models
a. On the left side of the screen, highlight the accessory you want to link to the model. On the right, any main models that go with the accessory will populate. Select the model or models you want to make that accessory required with and click the Assign button in the middle. To select all models or deselect all models click the All and None buttons.
b. To un-link accessories from main models, highlight the accessory at the bottom of the screen and click Remove Accessories button. When finished click the Close Button.
- Click on Accessories to link accessories to accessories
- On the left side of the screen, choose the primary accessories you want to assign the required accessory to, by using the checkboxes. If the primary accessory is available on multiple main models, you will have to pick it multiple times. You can filter by Region by using the Region dropdown, as well as by an individual model using the Model dropdown. You can also search my Product Number and Description key word by typing in the blank area above the column.
- On the right select the accessory you want to assign to the primary accessory (on the left) and click the Assign button
- To un-link accessories, highlight the accessory at the bottom of the screen and click Remove button on the bottom right of the screen. Click on Attach Existing Accessories to assign existing accessories to existing machines
- On the left side of the screen, highlight the model you want to attach the accessory to. On the right select the accessory. You can filter the model and accessory lists by Region by using the dropdown list.
- Click Attach the assign the accessory to the main model or Attach and Make Required to assign the accessory and make it a required item with the main model.
Creating New Accessories
- Click on Feature #4, Accessories dropdown, and choose Create Accessories and attach to existing models.
- Fill out the Description, Make, Product Number, Costs etc. on the left side of the screen
- Check the Required Item check box if you want the accessory to be required with the main model.
- Fill in any special pricing levels
- Select the main model or models on the right you want to attach the accessory to. You can also filter the models my Region or Make by using the drop-down lists
- Click the Create Accessory button and the new accessory will be added as an option to the equipment.
- Highlight the row of the accessory you want to delete and go to the Feature #4, Accessories dropdown, and choose Delete Accessories to delete the accessories. You can use the Click + Shift option to choose multiple accessories, however, you will have to delete the accessories off each machine separately that you have the accessory assigned to.
Adding / Deleting Service Pricing
Click on Feature #5, Service Pricing dropdown, to add or delete service pricing. The Service Pricing table is used to calculate the maintenance agreement portion of the total price for an equipment lease. You can set up volume bands with different service rates and Compass will automatically pick the proper rate based on the contracted volume chosen when configuring a piece of equipment in Product Configurator.
Note: While Sherpa does not support 3-tiered service pricing programs, we do have some suggestions on how to handle such programs within the system.
- You can set up the service pricing to just have the most common one listed in Sherpa. Create a separate proposal ready to go for those 3-tiered machines that breaks out the Terms and Conditions of the tiers in the proposal itself.
- Another option is to require no service rate on the color side, and have the proposal break out the details of the tiers again, and have the user manually type the rates into the proposal.
Adding Service Pricing:
Click on Add Service Pricing and fill in the required information: Service ID (this can be any available # for service pricing, as long as it doesn't exceed 3 digits), Term (Compass will always give a monthly cost in the Financials tab; anything other than monthly will be used if you have a price break on the cpc if billing is quarterly or annually), Minimum Volume (the minimum volume for that volume band), Name (pricing level), Region, Base amount if applicable (the base amount is a flat dollar amount you would charge on top of the minimum volume x cpc), cpp, overage cpp, and any notes. When finished, click Add.
- If you have equipment that doesn't require service, you will add and assign service type 99- Service Type = 99, Term = Monthly, Name = No Service Required. All other fields will be left blank.
Deleting Service Pricing:
Click on the Service Pricing tab, highlight the pricing level you want to delete, and choose the Delete Service Pricing option.
Service Pricing Export / Import Equipment
Feature #5, Service Pricing dropdown, also allows you to export your Service Pricing into a Microsoft Excel Document, make changes and then import the changes back into Compass
- Choose the Region(s), and the Term(s), of the pricing you want to export and click the Export button.
- An Excel spreadsheet will open with your exported pricing where you can now make changes. DO NOT edit column A; this is a Compass generated ID #and is how the system knows what pricing you have made changes to. If you remove this number, you will create duplicates in your service pricing.
- To add new pricing levels using this feature, leave column A blank and fill in the other fields.
- Once you've made your changes, save the Excel file to your computer.
- To import the pricing back in, click the Import Service Pricing button.
- Click the Open File button and browse to the saved Excel spreadsheet. The pricing will populate into this form and you can also make additional changes here by clicking in the cell and typing.
- Click the Import Button to import your changes.
Feature #6, Categories, allows you to Add, Edit and Delete categories that can be assigned to devices in the Equipment Pricing area. Mono, Color, and Other are most common, but you can add Software, Telephone equipment, IT services, etc. if needed, to categorize the services added into the Equipment Pricing.
Click the Add button to add a category, or to edit or delete a category check the box next to the category and click the appropriate option.
Editing Current Models & Cost Legend
Click on Feature #9, Edit Current Model and edit the cost legend
- To edit a current model you must first search for it using the Search for Model dropdown list.
- Then click on Edit Current Model button and you can type in the fields you want to edit, then click “Save Changes”.
- To edit a cost level, click on the cost level you want to edit under Cost Legend, make changes and click Update.
View Price Book
Feature #7, View Price book, allows you to print the equipment pricing into price book format.
Chick on the View Price Book button and you will be given the options to view and print either Dealer Costs, a Special Pricing level, or both. Make your choices and then click submit.
Note: If you have multiple regions, you want to ensure you select the region with your pricing attached to it.
You can also choose to show Notes, filter by Manufacturer, and customize the sorting by either Make, Model, or Category.
Company and Item Promo
Feature #8 Company and Item Promo are a great feature as you can set the dates that you want it to run from and to. Therefore, you can set it and forget it.
To set up a Company Promo, you will want to:
- Add the Name, (Ricoh, Kyocera etc.) Also, great for Fall, Summer, Spring, or Winter specials you may be running overall
- Add a Description
- The begin and end date,
- Set your Company Promo Type
- You can put in details
- Choose Promo Price whether it be a dollar amount or a discount percentage. Note: For your discounted price or percentage you will need to subtract the cost you want reflected. Example, price of item is $1850, and you want it to sell for $1200, $1850 - $1200 = $650. So $650 is what you would put in the Discount Dollar Amount field.
- You can then select All Reps or choose specific reps that will be able to utilize this promo.
- Ensure you click on Save,
- You can also Delete or Cancel.
Once the promo date arrives, the reps will see a ticker run across the top of the screen within Solution Configurator.
You also have the option to choose to Copy the Promo or view the Promo Usage by clicking on those options.
By clicking on Promo Usage you will see any Proposals that have been created for this Company Promo.
For Item Promo
Locate the device and then choose Item Promo.
- Fill in the Name
- Enter the begin and end date
- Promo Price
- Discount by dollar or percentage amount and detail
- Check the item in the bottom selection of accessories.
- Then choose the Reps allowed to sell
- Any Special Pricing that may be applicable
- Then hit Save
Item promos can be limited to not allow Regular pricing if you are working with one of your special pricing levels only. Under the All Pricing box if you are working with your Regular Outcost make sure to check Regular. Your reps can then only configure this Item Promo for your Regular cost (Outcost).
If you want your reps to only be able to configure the Item Promo based on one of your Special Pricing Levels make sure to uncheck the “Regular” and check the applicable pricing level.
Editing your Promos
If the promo is currently actively in use, you will only be able to edit the rep assignment.
Company Promo not in use
- Select the Promo you want to edit
- Make your necessary edits
- Hit Save
- Confirm your changes
Company Promo in use
- Select the promo you want to add/edit users on
- Add/Edit users
- Save Users
- Confirm your changes
Item Promo not in use
- Select the Promo you want to edit
- Make your necessary edits
- Hit Save
- Confirm your changes
Item Promo in use
- Select the promo you want to add/edit users on
- Add/Edit users
- Save Users
- Confirm your changes
Last Updated 7/31/2020
Article is closed for comments.