The role of a Report Source creator/administrator in MITS Report consists of a number of
different tasks. Most of these tasks require a strong knowledge of the structure of the data in the
source database. These tasks can be managed by one person, or the responsibility can be split
among more than one person. The responsibilities of a Report Source creator/administrator
- Creating new Report Sources
- Modifying existing Report Sources
- Managing the Report Source update process(es), which can be run manually or on a schedule
These tasks are all done from the Sources tab. Here are the parts of the tab and what they do.
- User actions (logout switch MITS products, if configured)
- Open the New Source wizard
- Open the Update Schedule tool
- Tool menu for exporting and importing source definitions
- Enable and control the frequency of the page refresh
- Name of the source. Clicking the title will open the source configuration
- Displays information about where the source is collecting its data
- The status of the source, including error, warnings, when the last update happened and how long it took
- The number of records in the source
- Available Actions
- Data - manually update, clear, or view data in the source
- Configure - change settings on the source
- Delete - remove the source
Some of these features are only available based on your account permissions. If you feel you should have access to some of these features but don't, contact your MITS administrator to see if your permissions are set correctly.
Article is closed for comments.